Sunday 31 March 2013

Favourites #1

As March draws to a close (can you believe we are 3 months into 2013?!) I thought I would do my first favourites post. I really enjoy watching favourite videos and reading blog posts at the end of every month so I thought I would say a few of my makeup favourites along with my youtuber and blogger of March with you all. 

Smashbox photo finish foundation primer and MUA undress your skin flawless skin primer. Both smoothing primers that leave my skin feeling incredibly soft ready for the perfect base.  

If you read blogs or watch youtube videos you will have seen all the hype over the new Revlon nearly naked foundation. I love the dewy, medium coverage finish it gives. To go with the foundation this month I have been loving the Maybelline fit me powder. I love finish I get from wearing them both together and my makeup for as long as I need it to last. 

For most of March I wore the same eye look everyday so I knew these three items had to be in my favourites. To create this months eye look I have been using rimmel exaggerate undercover shadow primer which is just a simple white eye primer. Over the top of this all over the lid I have been putting Clinique shadow chubby stick in ample amber which is a lovely bronze colour then blending tempting mocha over the top with a Mac 217 and using french vanilla as a brow highlight. Both colours mentioned are from the Estee Lauder deluxe eyeshadow compact. 

Anyone who knows me knows I am a mascara whore. I love trying new mascaras. I don't tend to use one mascara at a time as I like the effects different mascaras give when used together. This month I have been using MUA extreme curl mascara which I am actually trying to use up but I love the curl it gives my lashes and for £2 it is a bargain. My second favourite for March is Maybelline the rocket mascara. There has been a lot of 50/50 reviews on this mascara but I love the volume it gives my lashes and luckily I find it doesn't clump my lashes together. For my bottom lashes I have been loving Clinique lash power mascara.  

I am also a bit of a blusher whore as well and tend to wear a different blusher everyday but in the month of March I have used 2 blushers all month so they must be pretty special. The first one I have been loving is a gorgeous new product from Avon. Avon class this as a highlighter but as you can see from the picture it has a gorgeous pinky colour to it. I would say it is a 2 in 1 product. It gives your cheeks a lovely natural glow. My other favourite this month is the Urban decay naked flushed palette. The blush is a gorgeous plumy pink colour and amazing for everyday use. 

My lipstick of the month has to be Mac creme cup. This lipstick is a staple for most people. A gorgeous nudey pink colour. I have been loving this lipstick for a quick lip as I am rushing out the door on a morning. 

Perfume of the month has been Naughty Alice by Vivienne Westwood. A lovely scent for spring even with the terrible weather the North east is having at the moment. 

Youtuber of the month - Notes from my closet. I have been loving Rachel's channel. I have been really enjoying her vlogs and her investment closet videos. Go check out her channel and say Hi! 
Blogger of the month - Freshbeautyxox. Shona's blog is a one I am always having a neb on. There is always something for everyone on Shona's blog whether it be a haul, a review or a 'How to'. Go check out her blog and say Hi! 


1 comment:

  1. I love Naughty Alice :)x I really need to try the Clinique Chubby Eyes too :)

    ReplyDelete